Email : email@example.com I Phone : 9995079487, 8089587705
MGIMS - PMT 2013
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences:
The MGIMS, Sevagram is India’s first rural medical college. In 1969, this Institute was founded by Dr Sushila Nayar. In the first batch, 60 students were enrolled in MGIMS. The Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram today is committed to the pursuit of professional excellence by evolving an integrated pattern of medical education and it seeks to provide accessible and affordable health care primarily to underprivileged rural communities. It is attached to Kasturba Hospital, which has the distinction of being the only hospital in the country which was started by Mahatma Gandhi. After more than three decades of its birth, MGIMS has come a long way. Today it boasts of having groomed more than 2000 doctors. In 2011-2012, about half a million patients attended the outpatient department of the institute. MGIMS also working strongly with its alcohol and drug de-addiction centre, which is now in its 81 year. As many as 50,000 families around Sevagram have availed this facility. From a mere 15 bedded hospital to its 680 beds and a hospital with state of the art facilities, MGIMS has created its own history.
Distribution of Seats:
|PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED (PH)||1||2*||3|
|a. SCHEDULED CASTE (SC)||6||6||12|
|b. SCHEDULED TRIBES (ST)||3||3||6|
|c. VIMUKTA JATI (VJ/DT A)||2*||1||3|
|d. NOMADIC TRIBES ‘B’||1||1||2|
|e. NOMADIC TRIBES ‘C’||1||2*||3|
|f. NOMADIC TRIBES ‘D’||1||1||2|
|g. OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES (OBC)||9||9||18|
|III||CENTRAL POOL SEATS FOR GOVT. OF INDIA||4|
|IV||GOVT. OF MAHARASHTRA||2|
|V||KASTURBA HEALTH SOCIETY||2|
* Yearly rotation of 1 seat among Maharashtra and Non Maharashtra.
Important Dates of MGIMS:
- Availability of Prospectus & Form: Last December to First week of March
- Last date of receipt of application with Entrance Examination fee: Mid of March
- Date of Entrance Exam: Last week of April
The candidate must attain 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission. The Candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system of Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or equivalent examination of any recognized Board or any Indian University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% aggregate marks in PCB (40% for SC/ ST/ VJ/ NT/ OBC).
The admission is subject to any direction given by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India, Hon'ble Bombay High Court, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and the Medical Council of India, Central Govt. and Government of Maharashtra.
In the entrance examination the paper of physics, chemistry and biology will have multiple choice questions, while that on Gandhian thought will be of long and short answer type.
The competitive Entrance Examination shall consist of two papers :
Paper 1: will be common question paper in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry & Biology consisting of 60 multiple choicesingle response type questions in each subject. The candidate is expected to attempt all the 180 questions in the common answer sheet. Out of four circles provided for selection of answer against a question, the candidate should shade one circle only. Each correct answer will be given one mark. There is NO negative marking.
Paper 2: The Gandhian thoughts shall carry 60 marks and shall be of 3 hours duration. The questions will be of essay type and/or short answer questions and the paper may be answered either in English or Hindi. Only one 32 page answer sheet will provided for writing the answers and no supplementary answer sheet will be provided after that.
- The general standard of the examination will be that of 12th standard examination for Physics, Chemistry and Biology as per CBSE and Maharashtra Board.
- Gandhian Thought Paper will be on the topics as per the syllabus
The following books are the reference books for the paper on Gandhian Thought.
- Gandhiji's Autobiography (Abridged) (Translated from Gujarati by Mahadeo Desai)
- The Constructive Programme
- Key to Health
- Mangal Prabhat (From Yerwada Mandir)
- Bapu katha - by Haribhau Upadhyay (1920-48)
- Gandhi, A Life by Krishna Kriplani
Availability of Application Forms:
The Prospectus and Application Form with syllabus, question papers of Gandhian thought for the last 5 years, with model question papers of Physics Chemistry and Biology can be had from the office of the Dean either by –
- Paying a sum of Rs. 4000 (including exam fee) personally at the cash counter of Dean’s Office.
- Or by remitting a sum of Rs 4000/- (including exam fee) at any branch of State Bank of India by Challan which can be downloaded from the Institute website www.mgims.ac.in. The detailed instructions in this regard are also available on the website.
Points to Remember:
- The candidate must secure not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the Competitive entrance Examination.
- The candidates should obtain at least 40% marks in paper II (Gandhian Thought) of the competitive Entrance Examination to be eligible for consideration in merit.
- Books prescribed for Gandhian thoughts are to be followed to write the second paper.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation of answer sheets.
- Persons who are visually handicapped, hearing disabled and locomotor disabled involving upper limb are not eligible to apply for M.B.B.S. Course.
The institute has sought the permission for increasing the capacity of admissions to 1st year MBBS from 65 to 100, in case the permission is received from Medical Council of India by the time the admission procedure is completed. The fee structure in MGIMS is as applicable to the Govt. Medical Colleges.
Examination centers of MGIMS:
The exam was held on 21st April, 2013 at the exam centers located at Delhi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Varanasi.
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
Maharashtra - 442012 India
Tel: 91-7152-284341 to 55 (15 lines )
Important Information regarding NEET:
The Government of India has declared NEET (UG) examination for admission to MBBS Course from Academic Year 2013-14 for all medical colleges. However MGIMS, Sevagram has been granted a stay by the Nagpur Bench of Bombay High Court of Judicature and in view of the stay order issued by the Nagpur bench of Bombay High court the Applications are invited on prescribed form for admission to MBBS course for academic year 2013-14. The candidates shall be selected as per their merit in the Entrance Examination conducted by MGIMS to be held on 21st April, 2013. Those students who are going to appear in 10+2 Higher Secondary Board Examination in March / April 2013 are also eligible to appear in the competitive Entrance Examination.