Email : email@example.com I Phone : 9995079487, 8089587705
VIT Engineering Entrance Exam - 2013
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE):
VIT University, established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, was founded in 1984 as a self-financing Institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA. It is conducted for admission into the B. Tech (Bachelor of Technology) program offered in its affiliated institute/college.
Reservation of Seats:
Open for Every state (Based on VITEEE score, 10+2 with 60% and for SC/ST/PH 10+2 with 50%)
B. Tech. Programmes offered at Vellore Campus:
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical (Spec. in Automotive Engineering)
- Mechanical (Spec. in Chemical Process Engg.)
- Mechanical (Spec. in Energy Engineering)
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Application Forms will be issued from - 10th December 2012
- Last Date for Issue & Receipt of Application Forms - 7th March 2013
- CBT Slot Booking - 1st Week of March 2013
- VIT Eng. Entrance Exam Date (CBT) - 1st April to 30th April 2013
- Declaration of VITEEE Result - 6th May 2013
Please refer slot booking for further details in www.vit.ac.in from March '2013 onwards.
The applicant for admission should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1991 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2013. The date of birth as recorded in the High School / SSC / X Certificate /Birth proof certificate will be considered authentic.
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE-2013 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2013, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi); The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level.
Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2013 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Candidates who have attempted Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the VITEEE are eligible for all the 14 B.Tech. Degree Programmes.
- Candidates who have attempted Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the VITEEE are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes.
Pattern of the Entrance Examination:
- All Questions will be of OBJECTIVE TYPE
- PART-I - Physics / PART-II Chemistry / PART-III Mathematics or Biology
- Each part has 40 questions and each question carries one mark
- Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. The candidate will have to choose the correct answer and click the same
- The duration of the entrance examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- All the questions will be mostly from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus only
- Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are eligible for all the 14 B.Tech. programmes.
- Candidates attempting Parts-Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes only.
- The selection of pattern (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics or Biology) has to be decided at the time of slot booking (March 2013).
The Question paper will be only in English.
The syllabus for the Entrance Examination is given in APPENDIX-IV of Information Brochure.
|B.Tech. Degree Programme - 2013|
|Tuition Fee (Per Annum)||Rs. 96,000 * (after concession)|
|Special Fees (Inclusive of examination fee, library fee & etc.) [per annum]||Rs. 21,800|
|Total fees (per annum)||Rs. 1,17,800|
|One time payment of Admission fee Rs. 10,000 and caution deposit (refundable) Rs. 3000 will be extra|
Application Forms can be obtained:
- From the designated branches of Post Offices on cash payment of Rs. 950/-.
Details available in the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in
- By sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 950/- drawn in favour of "VIT University", payable at Vellore, to the Admissions Officer with a request letter containing the full address of the applicant.
- By handling over a DD for Rs. 950/- in person at VIT Universtity, Vellore (or) at VIT, Chennai Campus (or) at Chennai City Office.
- Apply online at www.vit.ac.in/admissions. (Online Applicant need to pay Rs. 900/- only)
Instructions to Fill Online:
Filling of online application form:
- Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully, before filling the application form
- Fields Marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.
- Provide all the relevant details carefully
- Candidates Date of birth should be on or after 01.07.1991
- Change of Test City will not be entertained
- Select the appropriate mode of payment
If you need printout of extra copy, please use re-prints option. If you do not remember your application number, please use application number search option.
Allotment of your Application Number:
You have successfully submitted Online Application form for VITEEE 2013. For future reference kindly note down your Application Number. The processing of Application Form will begin only after the successful payment of Application Fee and receipt of Confirmation Page.
|Application Form should be printed in A4 size paper only|
Completed Application Form:
The Printout of application form should accompany either with:
- DD Rs. 900 Drawn in favour VIT University, payable at Vellore (OR)
- Use the Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card for Rs. 900.
NRI Candidates can apply online and enclose the DD of 50 USD in favor of "VIT University".
Mode of Payment:
I. Steps to be followed, if application fee is paid through Demand Draft:
- Get ready with a computerized Demand draft for Rs.900/- drawn from any Nationalised Bank in favour of the 'VIT University', payable at Vellore
- Write your Application Number, Name, Address and Mobile Number on the back side of the Demand Draft.
- Logon to the VITEEE website, fill the application form, and choose the mode of payment as “Demand Draft”. On completion of your application form take the print out.
- Fill the details of Demand Draft (like DD number, DD Date, Bank Name etc.) on the printout of filled-out application form.
- Send the printout of filled-out application form after affixing the photo and signature along with the DD (computerized DD).
[Format of address on envelope to be affixed on cover is available in the printout page]
II. Steps to be followed, if application fee is paid through Net Banking / Credit card / Debit card Facility:
- If you choose to remit the application fee through Net Banking Facility then, Logon to the VIT website, fill the application form and choose the mode of payment as “Internet Banking”.
- On confirming the applicant data, the VIT website will be redirected to concern Net banking screen prompting for login User ID and Password. You can complete the transaction by providing the necessary inputs.
- On successful completion of transaction, acknowledgement receipt with the transaction number will be generated and you can take the printout of the acknowledgement receipt and the application form.
- In case, after making the payment and after the amount being debited from your account, if the page shows transaction not complete, kindly contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and proceed accordingly.
- Send the Application form through Speed Post addressed to The Director - UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore- 632 014, Tamil Nadu, India.
[Format of address on envelope to be affixed on cover is available in the printout page]
* For any query, Please contact us through email email@example.com
Note: Kindly take the photocopy of application form for your future reference.
Admit Card Status:
Once the Admit Card is processed, this information will be sent to the candidates mentioning their registration number and the examination centre. This information can also be viewed through the website in the 2nd week of April 2013. Admit Cards will be dispatched to the candidates after the 1st week of April 2013.
AVAILABILITY OF OMR APPLICATION FORMS:
The Application Forms will be issued from 10th of December, 2012.
The Prospectus and the information brochure for the B.Tech Degree programme - 2013, along with the necessary enclosures which include the Application Form and a printed self-addressed envelope, can be obtained against cash payment of Rs. 950/- from the various List of Post Offices as given.
- Candidates can obtain from the designated branches of post offices on cash payment of Rs. 950/-
- By sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 950/- [Computerised DD] drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore to the address of Director - UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore with a request letter containing the complete address with Mobile number
- By handing over a DD of Rs.950/- in person at VIT University from the following addresses:
|VELLORE CAMPUS||CHENNAI CAMPUS||CHENNAI CITY OFFICE|
Vellore – 632 014
Ph.: +91-416-220 2125/ 2157/2168/2247
Fax: +91 416-224 5544/5766 / 9955
VIT University – Chennai Campus
Vandalur Kelambakkam Road,
Chennai – 600 048
Ph.: +91 44-3993 1555 /
Fax: +91 44-3993 2555
|Chennai Administrative Office
New No. 6, Old No. W-73
II Street (opp. to Tower Club)
Anna Nagar, Chennai – 600 040
Ph.: +91 44-4201 6555 / 6548 0555
Fax: +91 44-26222555
Scholarship under "GV School Development Programme" (GVSDP):
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE Rank holders 1 to 50||75% fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE Rank holders 51 to 100||50% fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE Rank holders 101 to 1000||Annual fees (Tuition fee & Special fee) : 95,000|
Admission Contact Details:
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125, 220 2157, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411
Website URL: http://www.vit.ac.in/
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS PERTAINING TO VITEEE 2013 - CBT
The salient features of the Computer Based Test are:
- The candidate sits in front of the computer and the questions are presented on the monitor.
- The candidate submits his or her answer through the use of mouse.
- The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the encrypted test in real time through a secure and reliable connection.
- Entrance test assumes that the candidate has the basic familiarity with the use of computer like use of keyboard, if required and mouse operation.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the entrance test and the University cannot take the responsibility for the same.
Computer Based Test Procedure:
- The candidates must ensure that the computer allotted to them is switched on and any problem of the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in English. All questions will be of the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. Each MCQ consists of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Only one of the four responses is the correct answer.
- Candidate needs to choose that answer. Candidates can navigate freely through the questions back and forth.
- The number of examination days will be estimated based on the total number of applications received for the particular group of courses and the test centre choices given by the candidates in the application form.
- In the rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to attempt the test again.
Candidate must visit www.vit.ac.in regularly to obtain latest news, information and updates on the entrance test.
Online Test Booking System
- Online Test booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at www.vit.ac.in
- Candidate should first choose the Test City (this should be the same as chosen in the application form) and then the date and the batch for the exams.
- The schedule bookings are done on a first-come first-served basis and are subject to the availability of the test Centre date and time.
Online Test Booking Password
- For both OMR and online applications, the password will be sent by email to the email address mentioned in the application form. Therefore it is mandatory to give correct email address.
- University will not be responsible for non receipt of the email, if the email address given is incomplete or incorrect.
- The security of your Online Test Booking Password is totally your responsibility. VIT University will not be held accountable or responsible for any claim or loss that results directly or indirectly from any unauthorized use or misuse of your online test booking password.
- The Online Test Booking Password must be kept confidential. Do not disclose it to others or write them down or store them in a file on your computer or as autosave password.
- Your Online Test Booking Password is required only for the purpose of booking a schedule given by the University.
- Please note that the online test booking system will not allow the candidates to book a slot after the booking end date.
Online Test Booking Procedure
- While booking your test schedule, please ensure that you have a photocopy of the application form you submitted and the Online Test Booking Password
- After logging into the Online Test Booking System you have to select the test you wish to apply for i.e. you have to select Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics or Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology from the drop down menu to proceed further.
- A slot once booked cannot be changed. Request for change of test city, date or slot will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- In case of non availability of slots in a test centre of choice, the candidate may choose to book a slot in an alternative centre/ date.
- The online test booking system is available only for those eligible candidates who have submitted the application forms complete in all respects on or before the last date mentioned.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to book their test schedule in ONLINE TEST BOOKING SYSTEM within the given time frame. VIT will not be held accountable for the non bookings. The entrance test fee will not be refunded under any circumstances for such cases.
- The confirmation mail will be automatically sent to the candidate’s email address after he/she has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System.
Also once the booking is complete the e-Admit card will be generated which needs to be printed by the student from our website www.vit.ac.in.