Email : email@example.com I Phone : 9995079487, 8089587705
IPU-CET (GGSIPU) Engineering Entrance Exam
B. Tech / M. Tech (Dual Degree) in GGSIPU
Schedule of B. Tech. / M. Tech. (Dual Degree) in IPUCET:
- Date of sale of Admission Brochure with Application Form: from 15th February, 2013
- Last date for requesting of Application form latest by: 29th March,2013
- The last date for submitting the application form by Online/Hand/Post: 9th April, 2013
- Date of Entrance Exam (IPUCET code-131 B. Tech): 19th May, 2013
- Declaration of Result: 5th June, 2013
The Govt. of NCT of Delhi established its first University with the name Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University in 1998. It is a teaching and affiliating University with the explicit objective of facilitating and promoting “studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with focus on professional education, for example engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education, law, etc. and also to achieve excellence in these and connected fields and other matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.” Admission into the GGSIPU is done on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidate in the Common Entrance Test (CET).
For Delhi Region Candidates, 85% seats are reserved i.e. those who have passed the qualifying examination from any school/ Institute located in Delhi or from any College/ Institute affiliated to GGSIP University. These seats will be filled up through the merit /rank list of the CET- 2013 prepared for Delhi Region candidates.
SC - 15%
ST - 7.5%
Def - 5%
PH - 3%
OBC - 27%
15% seats are reserved for Outside Delhi Region Candidates.
SC - 15%
ST - 7.5%
Def - 5%
PH - 3%
Candidate must pass in 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately. Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
For all Undergraduate Programmes where entry qualification is 12th pass as on 01.08.2013 Candidate should not be more than 21 years.
- The upper age limit may be relaxed upto a maximum of five years in exceptional cases by the Admission Officer of the concerned programme if he/she is satisfied with the merit of the case. Candidates exceeding the upper age limit upto five years may provisionally apply/ appear in the Common Entrance Test.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel / Physically Handicapped will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirement.
Subject of Entrance Test:
- Chemistry-(33.33%) and
Date, Day & Time of CET-2013: 19-05-2013 (Sunday) 2:00-4:30 p.m.
Date & Day of Declaration of CET Result: 05-06-2013 (Wednesday)
Scheme of the Test:
- The test paper will contain 150 objective-type questions in all. Each question will be provided with four alternative answers marked as (1), (2), (3) and (4). Out of these, only one correct or most appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet.
- Each question shall carry four marks.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The Written Test will be of two and a half hours duration and will carry 600 marks.
- The medium of the tests will be English only.
- Candidates should bring a black ball point pen to the Examination Hall for writing/marking responses (darkening the ovals) on OMR answer sheet. Use of pencil is not allowed.
- No requests for re-checking, re-evaluation, reassessment or scrutiny of OMR answer sheet will be entertained.
- For those who are unable to appear in the test on the scheduled date for any reason, retest will not be held by the University under any circumstances. No refund of fee is permissible.
Syllabi for CET Code 130 and 131,for the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (Botany & Zoology) or Biotechnology shall be as specified by CBSE for class 11th and 12th under the 10+2 Scheme for the students passing class 12th in the year 2013.
Sale of Admission Brochure:
Sale on the Counter-
The price of the Admission Brochure along with Application Form is Rs. 1000/- (One Thousand Rupees Only). The cost of Admission Brochure is non-refundable.
The Admission Brochure along with Application Form will be on sale from 15th February, 2013 on all working days during normal Banking hours from the branches of Indian Bank
Sale by Post-
Admission Brochure along with Application Form can also be obtained through registered/speed post. A request in this regard should be sent to the Joint Registrar (Admissions), Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector-16C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078 alongwith the following:
- An application on plain paper, addressed to the Joint Registrar (Admissions) requesting to issue Admission Brochure-II (Engineering & B.Arch. Programmes). The application should clearly mention the name and the address of the applicant
- A Demand Draft of Rs.1100/- (Rupees One Thousand One Hundred only) drawn in favour of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, payable at Delhi. The name, address and phone number of the applicant should be clearly mentioned on the back side of the Demand Draft/Pay Order
- A self addressed envelope of size not less than 24cms x 30cms.
The request must reach the University latest by:
- B.Tech & M.Tech Prog: 29th March 2013 and
- B.Arch Prog: 21st June 2013.
The envelope of the application requesting for the issuance of Admission Brochure-II must be super-scribed at the left-top corner as "REQUEST FOR ADMISSION BROCHURE-II (ENGINEERING & B.ARCH. PROGRAMMES) FOR THE SESSION 2013-14"
Online Submission of Application Form:
For the convenience to the applicants as well as their parents/guardians, the University is also providing the facility of On-Line Submission of Application Form for CET-2013. The application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of Rs.1000/- and Rs.100/- as postage and handling can be submitted through the Internet Link (to be notified on the University Website http://www.ipu.ac.in, 20th February 2013 onwards. The Admit Cards will, however, be sent only by registered post. The last date for submitting the application form by Online/Hand/Post: 9th April, 2013 - 5 p.m.
Submission of Form by Hand/Post:
Brochure should be submitted by hand at the University counter or it may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the Controller of Examinations, Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector-16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078.
Display of Information on the University's Website regarding the details of application forms received by the Office of the Controller of Examinations is on 19th April, 2013 at 5.00 p.m.
The Admit Card allotting the Roll Number and Examination Centre for the Common Entrance Tests will be dispatched by the University to the candidates by Registered/ Speed Post.
Online counselling will be done for B. Tech program. A separate notification will be issued after declaration of the result.
Fee structure for B.Tech /M.Tech (Dual Degree):
- Tuition Fee (Per Annum) - 5000
Academic Fee (Per Annum) - 32000
- University's Charges (Per Annum) - 10000
- University's Alumni Association Fund - 1000 (onetime Non - refundable Payment)
- Security Deposit - 5000 (onetime - Refundable payment)
- Total Fee Payable = 53000
List of Centres for CET-2013:
|Bangalore - 51||Bhopal - 52|
|Chandigarh - 53||Dehradun - 54|
|Delhi - 55||Jaipur - 56|
|Jalandhar - 57||Kolkatta - 58|
|Lucknow - 59|
GGSIPU Engineering branches in B. Tech:
Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering, Power Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Civil Engineering.
Also offers dual degree in following engineering branches:
Information Technology Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector – 16 C, Dwarka,
New Delhi - 110075 (India)
Fax: +91-11- 25302111
Admission to B. Arch. Programme in GGSIPU
Candidate should pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and must have passed Mathematics as subject.
Candidate should pass 10+3 years diploma in Architecture recognized by the Central/State Governments.
All candidates possessing any of the above qualifications must also have passed the National Aptitude Test of Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture.
Admissions will be made on the basis of NATA score and the percentage of Aggregate marks (i.e., percentage will be calculated considering all the subjects) obtained in the qualifying examination, i.e., Senior Secondary level or equivalent.
Note: All candidates are advised to take NATA Examination of the Council of Architecture at their own initiative, in such a manner so that result of the same is available with the candidate on or before 01.07.2013.
Merit list shall be prepared based on-
(i) Architectural Aptitude (NATA score) : 50%
(ii) Qualifying Examination: (i.e., 10+2 OR 10+3 years diploma recognized by the Central / State Governments) : 50%
B.Arch Programme where NO CET will be held:
- Last date for submission of Application Form by Hand/Post/Online- 3rd June, 2013 (Monday) to 1st July, 2013 (Monday)
- Online applicants will have to submit their result of qualifying examination and NATA Score along with proof of the same along with the application form and Appendix -14 within this stipulated period
- The Application Form complete in all respects in the sealed printed envelope given along with Admission Brochure, should be submitted by hand at the University counter or it may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the Controller of Examinations, Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector-16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078 latest by the dates as mentioned above
- Display of First Merit List on University's Website (www.ipu.ac.in) by Controller of Examinations- 11th July 2013 (Thursday)
- Last Date of submitting Representation 16th July 2013 (Tuesday) upto 4 p.m.
- Display of Final Merit List (after considering representation) 18th July 2013 (Thursday)
Fee payable at the time of Counseling/Admission:
At the time of their counseling/admission, all the students shall be required to pay the fee.
On the reverse of the Demand Draft, following information is to be included:-
Name of the Student, Name of the Programme/Stream, Date of Admission, CET Rank, CET Roll No, Local Contact No.
Note: - All drafts should be payable at Delhi.