Engineering Entrance Exams
Engineering Entrance Test Brief:
Aakash IIT JEE is meant for preparing students for engineering entrance examinations, those who dream to pursue a career in Engineering from the best engineering colleges of India. Most of the entrance tests for IITs, IIITs, NITs, CFTIs and other Engineering Colleges in India are held in the months of April / May / June for the academic year starting July / August. Generally, the syllabus of the entrance test is based on the class XI and XII.
The syllabus of the engineering entrance test is based on the course outline of the class XI and XII. The knowledge is tested in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Certain exams also test the knowledge on English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning and in exception to VITEEE which include PART-IV: Biology in its Test criteria. All questions are objective type. There are also negative marks in some sections.
In case of JEE (Advanced), Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are given equal importance with 20 questions in each subject of 60 marks along with negative marks in some sections. Maximum marks are 180. Whereas in JEE (Main), 30 questions in each subject of 90 marks having Objective and Assertion-Reason type questions with equal weightage of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There is 1/4th negative marking for incorrect response. Total marks are 360.
In case of VITEEE, 40 questions in each part with equal weightage of PART-I: Physics, PART-II: Chemistry, PART-III: Mathematics, PART-IV: Biology and each question carry one mark whereas in case of BITSAT, there are 4 parts as Part-I: Physics-40, Part-II: Chemistry-40, Part-III: (a) English Proficiency-15 and (b) Logical Reasoning-10, Part-IV: Mathematics-45 questions. Total 150 questions, each question carry 3 marks.
Following Engineering Exams were conducted in 2013:
- JEE (Main): http://www.jeemain-edu.in/
- JEE (Advanced): http://www.jeemain-edu.in/jeeadv.asp
- VITEEE: http://www.vit.ac.in/
- BITS: www.bitsadmission.com
- IPUCET (B.Tech): www.ipu.ac.in/
- Manipal (B.Tech): http://www.manipal.edu/Institutions/Engineering/MIT/
- AMU (B.Tech): http://www.amucontrollerexams.com/faculties/guides/engg.pdf
- UPSEE: www.upsee.nic.in/
- CG-PET: http://www.mkcl.biz/cgpet2013/RegistrationModule/frmInstructions.aspx?did=17
- WBJEE (B.Tech): www.wbjeeb.in
- OJEE (B.Tech): www.odishajee.com
- Amrita University: www.amrita.edu